Thursday, February 12, 2009

Just Like Old Times!

We had our annual homeschoolers Valentine's Day party today at our local skating rink and man, did we have fun! Just walking in the door of that place brought back fond memories of the skating rink in my home town - it even smelled the same! I wonder if all the skating rinks across America smell the same? Hmmmm....

Anyways, back to fond memories. The skating rink in my home town was always THE place to be on a Friday night. I'd head up town with friends and we'd spend the evening skating and stuffing ourselves with gummy worms, dill pickles and 'suicides.' You know... the pops all mixed together!! We were dangerous!!! Going to the rink today just brought a smile to my face thinking of all the fun times I'd had growing up.

Our party was a 'sock hop' theme. Everyone looked so cute!! The kids had fun despite a few minor falls and bumps and bruises. I am happy to report that after a break of fifteen years, I can still skate! Kevin thought I was going to wreck myself pretty good, but I didn't fall once! Olivia had so much fun she cried when we left. So we definately have to make the skating rink a regular thang from now on. I'm so glad!!! Maybe I'll have to bust out my purple satin skate covers!! Remember those?? Anyways, here are some pictures of us before we embarked on our skating adventure!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So if you can't get ahold of us the next few weekends, you know where we are! Grab your skates and head up to the roller skating rink!!!

No comments:

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People