Monday, January 11, 2010

When Boredom Strikes

Renovate something!! Seriously, is it still January?!?! This is the time of the year when I really start to feel like I'm going mad. So I turn to home improvement projects to keep me sane. Or insane, depending on how you look at it.

The project I've been wanting to tackle since we moved in here five years ago (wow!) has been the stairs. I already ripped off the carpet and painted/stained the treads and risers which was a huge improvement. But I've always wanted to cut into the half wall and put up actual wooden railings instead.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I feel like the half wall doesn't really go with the style of the rest of the house. Suprisingly, Kevin agrees with me and wasn't too against the idea of taking a sawzall to the walls!!! Here are a few of the inspiration photos I've found that sort of show what I'd like to do.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I like the square ballisters. We'll probably paint them white and then do the actual railing in black. Not sure yet though as I really like the look of the all white railings in the last picture. Hmmmm..... looking at my pictures also makes me want to paint the inside of the front door a different color. Black??? Hmmmmm..... I smell another project!!!!!! ;) Good thing I've got myself to keep me busy.

No comments:

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People