Monday, May 10, 2010

Tropical Sangria Recipe

Speaking of summer in a glass...... here is a recipe for a fabulous tropical sangria. Pineapple rum stars in this delicious tropical version of a white sangria!!! Be warned that it goes down a little too smooth!!!

Photobucket

glass pitcher (or a sangria pitcher)
wooden spoon
1 lemon, sliced
1 lime, sliced
1 orange, sliced
fresh pineapple, sliced
1-1/2 cups pineapple rum
1/4 cup sugar
1 bottle of white wine (Reisling or Pinot Grigio works great)
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup pineapple juice


After the citrus fruit is well-chilled, slice each piece into thin rounds (about 1/8 inch thick) and place them into the glass pitcher. Sprinkle the fruit with the sugar and carefully pour in the chilled rum. Stir the mixture gently and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

After the fruit has steeped in the rum, crush it gently with the wooden spoon. This will release the flavors. Pour the white wine, pineapple and orange juices into the pitcher and stir. Serve straight-up, or over ice for a lighter drink. Hello, summer!

No comments:

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People