Monday, April 20, 2009

Never A Dull Moment

The one sure thing about motherhood is that there are rarely any dull moments. I am never bored!!! This weekend was a perfect example! We spent most of Saturday outside trying to enjoy the warm weather before it left us again. Which it did!!! Back into the 40s today. Hey, mother freaking nature - it's April!!! Maybe we could be rid of these perpetual runny noses if it would stay above freezing for more than two days!!! Ugh! So the kids were having loads of fun with sidewalk chalk and playing on the swingset. Abby was being so nice and giving Olivia a push in her swing. Too bad her depth perception was a tad bit off!!! She didn't back up far enough and got smacked right in the chops with the swing! Poor kid. She spit out one of her top front teeth (not a permanent one, thank goodness!) into my hand and the other one is so loose it's bound to follow suit any day now. I guess that's one way to lose your baby teeth!

Photobucket

I think she looks pretty darn cute even if she is missing some teeth!

And then we have Olivia. The strongest willed child ever known to exist! At least to me anyways. She is so darn stubborn. She won't do anything unless it's HER idea, esp if I am the one to suggest it. So you can imagine how well the wearing underwear, peeing on the big girl potty conversation would go over. Not well! So you can also imagine MY utter suprise when this very morning, she tells me that she will wear the cute tinkerbell underwear I had bought her and that she will go on the potty. But there's always a catch... and here it is....

Photobucket

She would only wear the undies if I gave her a "bwa" (aka bra) to go with them!!!!

Photobucket

There are so many things wrong with that, I can't even list them all. But I will do just about anything to not have to buy diapers anymore. So there you have it!!! Never a dull moment!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie said...

This is seriously one of the funniest things EVER! I can not stop laughing over here thinking about little Lulu laying the smack down in her "I'm in charge" voice...."I am NOT wearing those underwear 'less you buy me dat bwa!"

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People