Friday, March 19, 2010

What Up, Spring? Backyard Inspiration Hits!!

Tomorrow is the first offical day of spring on the calendar - but guess what?? It's gonna snow. Boo!! Hiss!!!!! Hopefully it's a short lived little slip up on mother nature's part. We sure have been spoiled the past few days with all of these warm temps and abundant sunshine.

This weather has me motivated to make some changes outside. Even though it isn't quite time to do any planting, I am already dreaming of what kinds of veggies to put in the square foot garden this year: bush beans, wax beans, beefsteak tomatoes, cucumbers, salad mix, sweet green & red peppers and maybe some peas and zucchini this year. I am planning on doing the herbs in the window boxes under the kitchen window again - mint for mojitos, dill, basil and oregano for sure.

I need to paint that darn blue door on the back of the garage again because it all peeled. I will probably tone it down and do more of a wedgewood blue this time - also thinking of painting the adirondack chairs by the fire pit. Maybe one red and one blue?? We're also going to relay the patio bricks and walkway as lots of them have heaved up the past few winters. I'm also wanting to redo the patio table and chairs instead of spending money on a new set. I love the look of bright furniture and flowers in a backyard. So I'm thinking maybe a creamy yellow for the table and maybe a different color on each of the four chairs?? Blue, red, green and ????? Here are a few of my inspiration photos!!

Photobucket
Pretty painted table...this is the yellow I was envisioning for my table which is similar to this one

Photobucket
Love how all the chairs are different colors! Looks like candy... I love candy...

Photobucket
This is the blue I am loving right now. It looks so great against all the greenery!

Photobucket
I wish I could get the plantings around my patio to look like this! It's messy but it makes sense....

Photobucket
Blue and red.... so happy together!!!

Photobucket
I'd love to do something like this against the back of the house to break up the expanse of beige siding....

Photobucket
Just a cute little shed!!

I can't wait to get to work!! Wut up, spring!!!!!!

No comments:

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People