Thursday, November 4, 2010

Caution: Life Under Construction

Woo hoo! Elections are over!! You all know how hard I try not to talk about politics or religion, but I just have to say I am so glad all the political bashing is over for now. I think! Man, there's nothing that can divide people more than politics. I think running for election has become less about standing up for what you believe in and more about knocking the other guy down. That's sad to me. But it is what it is and that's all it will ever be. Que my political playlist......

Anyways, we're keeping busy!! Though most of the big demo is done, we are still under construction. It's starting to take shape though!! Even though it isn't done, I thought I'd take the time to post some quick photos of our progress so you could see what we've been up to around here. Basically, it's been me starting more stuff before other stuff was finished. Big suprise right???

Phase 1 - Demolition

The school room was cute, but we were ready for a change!! So we sold all of the furniture in there and were left with an empty slate. The plan was to frame in the room and close it in with double french doors. We started out by ripping into the drywall on the ceiling & walls. Can I just say how much I loathe drywall dust??

Photobucket

Photobucket
Ick. Ick. Ick!!!!

Photobucket
Kevin is overjoyed about this as well!! ;)

Photobucket
It's important when you're doing something like this to have the right tools. ;P

Photobucket
All framed in and ready for drywall and doors!!!

Phase 2 - MORE Demolition!!!

So after getting the school room aka new office framed in, we moved on to the next very messy project. Why not get all the messy work out of the way right?? Right. So next we cut out the half stair wall. It was super fun.

Photobucket
He's not pissed. I swear. The sawzall was just super loud.

Photobucket
We took the wood cap and trim off with a hammer and pry bar.....

Photobucket
Then Kevin scored the wall where we needed to make the cuts....

Photobucket
Lulu thought it was too loud.

Photobucket
Ethan enjoyed knocking out the wall with a hammer!!

Photobucket
Abby enjoyed it a little too much!!!

Photobucket
And voila!!!! No more stair wall!!!!

This last picture is where we've stopped for now. We still have to finish taping/sanding the new drywall in the new office and finish the rest of the trim work on the stairs.

Photobucket
Those railings right there were a marriage tester. We had a little trouble! I didn't realize how much math and figuring would be involved. We had to drill down into the concrete to sink bolts to hold the posts in. Then we had to figure out how many balisters needed to go in and how far apart to space them and how tall it all needed to be, etc, etc, etc. Luckily we got it built and are still friends!!!

So that's about it for now! Hopefully we'll get some more done this weekend so I can start painting. I have a ton to do! Ceilings, all the walls and all the trim. Yowza. Good thing I like to paint and can survive on small amounts of sleep. If you don't hear from me or see me for awhile, you know where to find me!!!

No comments:

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People