Thursday, November 4, 2010

Home Office Inspiration

I am so excited to get started on our new home office. We just closed in the old school room and will be moving our computer into that room now. We used to have the desk and computer in the formal living room. It worked, but with Kevin occasionally working from home we needed to do something different. It will be nice to have a designated space to shut the doors so it isn't the first thing one sees when walking into our home.

When designing this new space, I was on the lookout for functional furniture that looked good and wasn't going to break the bank. Where else would you go for that but Ikea?? We are lucky to have one that isn't far from our home.

Our desk will seat two people and house two computer workstations. One computer isn't enough for all five of us!! The Vika Amon desk was the perfect solution....

Photobucket

Most likely I will get some dark espresso colored chairs from World Market with some nice cushions for this desk. The other thing I knew we needed was a lot of storage for books. We homeschool and are avid readers, so we have an abundance of those!! I have always loved the large scale and simple lines of the Expedit bookcase, so that's on our list as well!!

Photobucket

As far as color, I knew I wanted a crisp apple green for the walls. Since we'll have white trim and curtains to soften the bright color, it'll be perfect. Here are some gorgeous home office photos with green walls that gave me my inspiration:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And these don't have green walls, but aren't they lovely?? Doesn't it make you want to redo your office space???

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People