Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep....My Master (Bedroom) Plan

Well, it finally feels like spring (and sometimes summer) here in my neck of the woods!! Yay! There is nothing like spring sunshine. All of my plants and flowers in the backyard are starting to come up, there are tiny little buds on all of my trees and the grass is the prettiest shade of green.

While there's a lot to be done outside, we were able to get a few things done the past few days. The garden is ready for all of our vegetable seeds we'll be planting within the next month - probably Mother's Day weekend. We took down the kids' wooden playset and gave it to a very nice family with two sweet little boys from our home town. And we've cut back some of the dead stuff from last year to make way for all the little green growth that's happening. I've also been spring cleaning and washing windows inside. We've made lots of donations to our local Good Will Store. It feels so good to get rid of all that extra stuff!! After all, less is more right? More or less. :)

As I was spring cleaning my master bedroom, I got to thinking about the changes I've been wanting to make in there. We are so happy with how the main floor renovations have turned out, I thought, "What the heck? Why not get started in here??" Haha. Nevermind the fact that we aren't technically "done" downstairs yet. I mean, we're done with the major stuff. But there's this....
Photobucket
I need to put another coat of the black on the stairs and then do the other ones, but I have to do it after the kids go to bed at night so they won't walk on them. And lately I haven't had the time!

And then there's this.... I still need to find an end table and some throw pillows (green like the office) and I can't decide what to put on the wall over this sofa....
Photobucket

Or this one actually.....still looking for the right pillows (green ones) to complete the look on the big sofa and make up my mind about wall art/pictures....
Photobucket

So many little things to finish up!! Really it's just wall art related. Nothing too tricky. So!! I decided to just go ahead and sell the orangey oak matchy matchy dressers and nightstands that we've had for the past few years. And the wrought iron bed. I listed them all yesterday on craigslist. When I spoke of my plans to my wonderful husband he just laughed at me. So I took that as his enthusiastic blessing!! :) Basically the plan is to do built-ins in our walk-in closet to maximize the space. We're making them ourselves rather than buying a closet system because they're just too freaking expensive. Once we get the closet done, we won't need so many huge dressers and chests. Right now there is just too much furniture in a not so big room. Here are some inspiration photos of where I'm going with this...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Aren't they gorgeous? I'm thinking - dark wood canopy bed + white bedding + lots of comfy throw pillows... maybe some second hand nightstands that I can paint white.... maybe an armless chair in the corner with pillows and a throw.... and a little round table next to it. There it is! My master bedroom plan!! Stay tuned for photo updates of that and also maybe some progress on the other crap I haven't finished yet. Hopefully.

No comments:

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People