Thursday, June 16, 2011

I've Been Framed - Part Deux

See how I just used french right there? :) Nevermind the fact that I took french for three years in high school and that's all I remember!!! You know that post awhile back about my gallery wall in the front room? Well, I've made some small progress in finding fun art and things to put in those frames. I'm taking my time with it so it's still not done, but I wanted to throw up a few update pictures for fun anyways. Here's how it looked before:

Photobucket

And here's how it looks now:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I have a new pillow cover (still deciding on other prints for the other two - bringing in red & brown somehow), I finished painting the back of the fireplace tan to match the walls & added more objects, and I have several new prints in the frames!! The pointe shoe is from the etsy seller BalletArt, the drum set printed on sheet music is from the etsy seller FauxKiss, and the Chicago destination print is from tinyowlstudios - also an etsy seller. I have lots more things in my cart on etsy just waiting to be purchased!! The small, square black frame that you can barely see has our wedding invitation in it. I have some shadow box plans for the other two small frames - I was thinking of putting the kids' hospital bracelets in one. For the other one I want to put our first house key and our first car key in. Don't ask me why I still have them, but I do and I think they'd look cool inside a shadow box. I love how this wall is turning out. We have a ways to go, but we're getting there!!

AND I finally decided on a frame configuration for the other sofa wall in the family room! It took long enough. But if I've learned anything from home renovation/decorating it's that you can't rush it.

This was my inspiration photo for this wall:

Photobucket

Here is the blank wall before:

Photobucket

And here is how it looks now:

Photobucket

Photobucket

This darling print from Made By Girl will be going in the largest frame and the other ones will hold family photos. I love the big number six in the inspiration pic, so no doubt I'll be on the lookout for a number five for my shelf. Hobby Lobby perhaps???

Photobucket

So that's it for my little update! Progress is slow, but sure. In other updates, we got some great news about our little Lulu the other day. Her EEG came back normal! The neuro says that she has a benign form of epilepsy that will eventually correct itself. So she could definately have some more seizures, but most likely she will outgrow them in a few years. We are so relieved!! Thanks to everyone for keeping her in your prayers!!!

4 comments:

*Laura Angel said...

I love it!!! I can't wait to move im a deco nut myself!

C'est Law Vie said...

This is my favorite gallery wall I have ever seen - I even pinned it on Pinterest! Thanks for the inspiration!

shoegirl said...

Hi, I just found your blog through Pinterest! I was wondering, can you tell me the paint color that you used in your living room and downstairs areas? (the neutral tan)

Thanks!!! Your house looks great :-)

Molly said...

Hello!! My paint color is actually Benjamin Moore's Shaker Beige color matched in Olympic low VOC paint. We love the color! It's nice and warm without being too pink or green as some tans can be.

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People