Thursday, May 29, 2008

Molly's Music for the Week

I know what you're thinking. Couldn't she come up with a better title than that? It's 10:09 on a Thursday night, so no I couldn't. I decided that every Friday, I will try to blog about one of my fave bands or albums. Not to brag (blog+brag = brog/blag??), but I have been told I have fairly okay taste in music. I couldn't start out with any other band but The Shins.

Photobucket

They're super indie with I would say a beach boys twist. Something about them is so old school beach boys on a couple of their tracks. I don't know what it is, but if you get the latest album you'll agree I think. "Wincing The Night Away" is probably one of my favorite albums from any band ever. There isn't one bad song on the album. It is summer in a cd case. Perfect for just listening while you're on the patio grilling or in the car driving somewhere fun. Track 2 which is better known as "Phantom Limb" is pure genious. I don't even try to understand the lyrics. I've looked them up, read them and they still make no sense to me. And I don't care!

These guys are out of New Mexico and Wincing the Night Away is actually their third album. I intend to get the first two, but need to hear them first just to be sure they're just as good! Maybe better! Take a listen for yourself, people. It's good stuff. My mom has the album - she's too cool for school anyways but you KNOW a band is good when your ma asks what the heck you're listening to and could you please hook her up! Maybe you've heard of them, maybe you haven't. Maybe I've just introduced you to your fave new band!! Let me know whatcha think!



It's too hard to pick any other favorite songs from this album, but check out their site for more great stuff!!

http://www.theshins.com/

1 comment:

Jen Vaughn said...

Hell yeah!!! I agree 100% This is probably only 1 of a few CDs I have bought in the past few months that I have practically worn out already. There is not ONE bad song on here. I'm also gonna check out their other 2 albums, I hope they're as good as this one.....fo shizzle!

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People