Friday, May 23, 2008

Novalis Vinyl Planking, you are my favorite!

Not too much time to write about this project because we're still in the middle of it and it is FAR from being done. But I HAD to post pictures of how fab this is all going to look when it's finished!

What's under all that nasty carpet??

Photobucket

First, we had to remove all of the carpet. We decided to start in the family room just because. After cleaning the heck out of the concrete slab, we were ready to prime it with the latex floor primer.

Photobucket

Now comes the fun part! Sticking down the tiles! This stuff is too cool. It's affordable beyond affordable, looks and feels more like real oak than most laminates AND the only tool you need are your hands and a utility knife! Your grama could do this! Look how pretty it is!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Anyone who has ever worked with peel and stick tiles before would probably think we are crazy for choosing this flooring. But let me tell you, I did my research and heard nothing but good things! Here is my man working hard. He wouldn't let me have the utility knife, so he did most of the cutting. ;)

Photobucket

Photobucket


When we were first putting it down I was nervous and thinking there was no way it was still going to be stuck in the morning. We finished the family room at 11:30 pm and went to bed. I woke up this morning and what do you know? It's still stuck and really well I might add! Love it!! For anyone who is interested, you can buy this at Lowe's and it comes in four beautiful colors - gunstock (a dark color), golden oak (what ours is), natural oak (a lighter blonde) and rustic (a very cool rustic pine color). It is very versatile and can be installed right over top of your old vinyl flooring, a prepared concrete slab (makes it a great solution for basements) or prepared plywood subfloors. It does not outgas (have a nasty smell) and it is so easy to work with! Stay tuned for more pictures of finished rooms! We're actually putting this in our entire 1800 sq ft house - bedrooms too. Hopefully getting rid of the carpet will help with our allergies!

3 comments:

odd dotty said...

Molly, you so crazy!! I love all your home improvement projects...in fact, I am a little envious. I can't wait to see the finished results!! Keep blogging!!

xoxo
Sara Mock

Jean said...

You are the makeover QUEEN:) I'm looking forward to reading your blog!

cosmokrissy said...

Well im here doing my research on the Novalis and I found your pictures looks great.How is it doing? Love to know we were thinkin the gunstock oak but may be the Is the golden oak have an orange look or red to it at all. It is veryu hard to chose. We want to do 700sq ft

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People