Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Molly's Music for the Week, July 4th

Wow, it's been awhile since I posted! We had a really great week last week with KEvin being off. We went up to Madison to visit Matt & Tricia and I have to make time to post pictures of that once I get a minute. It's been nonstop around here!! I still need to post the blog from Ethan's birthday and I have one in the works for our ten year anniversary too, but there is too much to post and not enought time!! I will work it in soon enough, I promise.

For this week (or should I say last week) is going to be boys again. We had a couple of great ladies the past couple of weeks, but now I think I have to work some Aqualung in here. Actually, Aqualung isn't a band - it's just a guy!

Photobucket

Matt Hales IS Aqualung. He's best known for the song 'Strange and Beautiful' in the UK as it was used for a 2002 VW commercial. Here in the US, some of you might be more familiar with 'Brighter Than Sunshine' because of it's use in the film 'A lot Like Love.' I think it's been on tv shows quite a bit as well. Matt grew up in a city on the southern coast of England. At the age of 16, he was awarded a scholarship to study music at Winchester and by the ripe age of 17 he had composed his first symphony. Pretty intense right??

Photobucket

He got involved in a couple of bands, but none of them stayed together for very long. 'Strange and Beautiful' was released in the US and several of the songs have been on popular tv shows. In mid 2007, the track 'Left Behind' was featured on a chrysler commercial gaining them even more popularity. But one of my favorite songs called 'Something to Believe In' was played on the pilot of a great tv show called 'Eli Stone.' Seriously, if you haven't seen that show it's pretty good!!!

The album 'Memory Man' is the newest one and is constantly in my cd player. Not ALL of the songs are as good as some, but it's still one of my faves.

Photobucket

Here are a few good songs from Aqualung.....

Strange and Beautiful...


Cinderella....


Pressure Suit....


Something To Believe In - SUCH amazing lyrics... just talks about how we all are searching for something to believe in and totally going after the wrong thing to make us happy. It really spoke to me.


Easier to Lie...


Outside...another fave of mine!! Really crappy live video, but it's such a great song I had to add it anyways!!!


I hope you've enjoyed my latest pick!! Hopefully I'll get back to blogging regularly now that things are slowing down a little!!!

No comments:

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People