Friday, July 25, 2008

Wollersheim Winery

This is the second time we've been to Wollersheim Winery in Prairie du Sac, WI. It is such a beautiful place and we couldn't have had a better day to enjoy the scenery!! We met my parents there and took them on the tour and tasting. The kids love to tour the old building, fermenting room and cellars. They even get to eat crackers and drink grape juice while the adults taste the wine!!

Wollersheim is one of the cooler wineries I've been to. Not just because of how gorgeous it is and how good the wine tastes, but because of the rich history the vineyard has. I encourage anyone who has an appreciation for wine to visit and take the tour!! Kevin and I love the Prairie Blush. It's a sweet and fruity pink wine and has won several gold medal awards.

Here is a small slideshow of our afternoon there!!!



Be sure to visit their website for more information!!!!

http://www.wollersheim.com

Kevin and I also have a batch of our own wine in the works here at home. We're fairly new to home wine making, but so far it's a lot of fun!!! There are lots of good books that have helped us with this new hobby. There is also a great store not far from us with all the supplies we need! We're working on a summer strawberry blush.

Photobucket

We had a hard time getting it to ferment at first, but now things are moving along nicely. With in the next couple of weeks (hopefully), we'll be ready to bottle it!! If it's good, we promise to share!!!

2 comments:

Jean said...

Your playlist is great!! I think I might need a glass of that wine:)

Keen Family said...

Thats a really neat hobby! I loved the pics from your trip. Thanks for the help with names. Its a good list.

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People