Saturday, November 1, 2008

Rock the Vote!

*WARNING*********** Explicit lyrics in the VERY first song on the playlist. Turn speakers down if kids are in the room!*******************

This will be my first, last and only post regarding the upcoming election. I haven't talked to too many people about it thus far. There has been much controversy, heated arguments and just such an overall feeling of division among people over who is the better candidate. I have researched both parties, read as much as I could and made my decision. I am super stoked to go and vote on Tuesday!!! So in honor of that, I made my very own 'Rock the Vote' playlist. Regardless of your political ties, I think you can see where I am coming from with my song choices. Some songs were chosen for their titles, some where chosen for the lyrical meaning and some were chosen for the name of the band. There are songs each generation can relate to and enjoy. I am sure I will be adding lots more songs as the week goes on, but for now I hope you check out what's here. It's a pretty good start! Take some time and listen to the lyrics. Whether you've already cast your ballot or you're heading out on Tuesday, I hope this little soundtrack makes you think...... about all we have to be thankful for as a great country and all of the tough issues we're facing. Sometimes it's easy to feel divided, but we're all the same on election day. Rich or poor, black or white, christian or jew.... we all have the right to go out and vote. So rock it!!!! Rock the vote!!!! And enjoy the music too.....

Photobucket

1 comment:

Kerry said...

So - who ARE you voting for ??? Just kidding !!! Thanks for the inspirational music ! I'm super excited to go cast my vote in this election ! We should go together tomorrow !

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People