Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Wendy's Chili

I made this awesome chili recipe in my crockpot the other week and it was pretty darn good! It's a great recipe and tastes similar to the Wendy's chili which I love. Here it goes!!!

2 lbs ground beef (WHAT!!?? I actually used some frozen hamburger patties...3
them, just cooked them on the stove first and chopped them up!)
29 oz can tomato sauce
14.5 oz can kidney beans, drained
14.5 oz can pinto beans, drained
small can diced green chilies
2-14.5 oz cans diced tomato with green peppers and onions
1/4 cup diced celery
2 tsp cumin
3 Tbsp chili powder (I thought this was a bit much, so I only added 2)
1 1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp salt
2 cups water

1. Brown ground beef in skillet over medium heat; drain off fat and crumble.

2. In large pot, combine beef and all other ingredients. Bring to a simmer over low heat and cook for 2-3 hours. Stir occasionally.

Makes about 12 servings. We like to serve it with crackers and cheese OR tortilla chips, sour cream and cheese. You can also make this and freeze it for several months.

Photobucket

No comments:

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People