Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thankful

Gosh, can you believe it's almost Thanksgiving already?? The cold weather has set in and the smell of turkey is in the air. Even my playlist is all about Thanksgiving!! I love Thanksgiving for so many reasons - getting together with my amazing family, sharing a delicious meal and good conversation, leftovers. I know I don't need a special day to be thankful or remind myself of how many blessings surround me, but Thanksgiving Day is important because it gives me even more reason to focus on being grateful.

Even in the midst of tough times, it isn't hard to find something to be thankful for. I saw something this morning that I'm not sure I will be able to get out of my mind any time soon. If you've watched the news or even been online, maybe you saw it and were touched like I was.



I was reduced to tears as I watched this. As a mother, my heart was broken for this little boy and for his mom. I couldn't understand how they could be so calm. But then I watched again, and realized they had chosen to be thankful for what they had been given. Not angry for what was being taken away. His mother was grateful for the time she had with her son. She was thankful. And this little boy managed to touch hundreds of people (maybe more), bring them together and help those in need. What an amazing gift.

I guess today's blog is a little heavier than I intended for it to be, but it all just kind of came out as I was typing. Sometimes it is so easy to focus on everything that is wrong rather than what is right. To focus on what we don't have instead of all of the things we do. I want to remember to be thankful every day, not just on Thanksgiving Day. When you start counting your blessings, it's hard to stop. I have been given so much it's hard to list them all: amazing children, a strong and loving husband, kind and generous parents, caring and supportive friends. I am truly blessed. I found a quote that sums it all up perfectly, so I will leave you with it.....

"Blessed are those who give without remembering. And blessed are those who take without forgetting." - Bernard Meltzer

1 comment:

Jean said...

Wow!! His story is so powerful! Thanks for sharing this Molly:)

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People