Monday, December 1, 2008

New Music Monday - Holiday Edition Ladies Style!

So this one's for the ladies. I just bought this album from Amazon, so Merry Christmas to me. I am a HUGE fan of just about every artist on this beautiful holiday album...all of whom just happen to be female!

Photobucket


'The Hotel Cafe Presents......Winter Songs' is a great Christmas album. I mean, with strong singers like Brandi Carlile, Fiona Apple, KT Tunstall and Colbie Caillat (just to name a few), how could you go wrong???? The very first song is a lovely duet between Sara Bareilles (who is famous for her song "Love Song") and Ingrid Michaelson (known for "The Way I Am") to 'Winter Song.' One of my faves. Take a listen!!!



Lenka also did a cute little ditty called 'All My Bells Are Ringing.' You may remember hearing her song 'The Show' on tv or somewhere else. This song is super cute!!



One of my absolute favorites is KT Tunstall's take on the classic song 'Sleigh Ride.' I think I heard it playing in Old Navy the other day!!! It's super funky and cute! Makes me want to go outside and play in the snow!!!



And did you ever think you'd hear Fiona Apple singing 'Frosty the Snowman'? Me neither, but for some odd reason it really worked for her! It's very simple and her voice is so old school. She so creepy it's cool.



Another honorable mention is Colbie Caillat's song 'Mistletoe.' I found it on youtube as a nice dedication to our troops overseas. It's a beautiful tribute to those making such a huge sacrifice, esp during the holidays. For the soldiers, for those missing loved ones who are deployed, for those stationed far away from family... it's hard for the rest of us to imagine.



Another stand out is 'The Heartache Can Wait' from Brandi Carlile. This is a live version, but hopefully you'll get an idea of how lovely it is! The song is just talking about putting your troubles aside and being grateful for Christmas and what it all means.



There are so many more great tracks on this album!! I am loving the girl power of this particular holiday cd and I'm sure it'll be strong in my rotation for many years to come. Now that we're officially into December (oh, MY GOD!!!), I'm sure you've all busted out your Christmas music. I would love for you to share some of your personal favorites with me!!! You can leave them in the comment section or just email me!! Hope you enjoyed this Monday's girly holiday music! Peace!

No comments:

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People