Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Holiday Toddy Tuesday!!! Holiday Sangria

There aren't too many things that I love more than a glass of sangria on a summer day. Oh, how I miss my summer sangria!! Imagine my happiness when I found a recipe for a delicious, spiced holiday sangria! It is out of this world good on a cold winters eve.

Photobucket

Ingredients:

1 cup apple juice
1/2 cup triple sec (orange flavored liquer)
1/4 cup sugar
4 whole cloves
3 blood oranges, cut into 1/4 inch slices
2 lemons, cut into 1/4 inch slices
2 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks
1 bartlett pear, cut into 1/2 inch slices
1 (750 ml) bottle fruity red wine (does not have to be $$$)

Combine all ingredients into a large pitcher and stir until sugar dissolves. Cover and refridgerate overnight or for at least 4 hours. Remove cloves and cinnamon sticks before serving.


So, my love for good sangria can last all year long!!!!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Do you take those pictures yourself after you make the drinks or do you use the ones that came with the recipe?? Because if you take them yourself, you're an awesome photographer!

Molly said...

Oh, with the food I totally find pictures on the internet to take!! My camera blows, so I could never make food/drinks look this good!!

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People