Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas in a Glass - Holiday Toddy Tuesdays!

As my little brother would say, "let's black out." No, seriously. I love a lot of things about the holidays, one of which is all the yummy drinks you can make! I thought it would be super fabulous (in addition to my regular New Music Monday) if I started a Holiday Toddy Tuesday!!! What fun!!! Oh, and just for clarification.... the word 'toddy' is an old favorite of mine. Some people (who aren't alcoholics like myself, j/k) looked at me like "wuh?" when I haved used the word toddy. Most toddys are served hot and people believe the term originated in the late 18th century. I guess it was to make the scotch more palatable to women?? Who really knows. What I do know, is that toddy is super fun to say and my late father-in-law used the term as often as he could. Cheers, Andy!!!!

Most of these drinks I post will be made with easy-to-find ingredients. I get mad when things call for obscure stuff. So the first cocktail on the list is the very delish Peppermint Pomegranate Martini. Yum!

Photobucket


1.5 oz Rose's Pomegranate Mix (they have this at Target and Dominicks)
1.5 oz Vanilla flavored Vodka
ice
dash of peppermint Schnapps
mini candy canes

1. Crush candy canes in a plastic bag with a rolling pin
2. Wet rim of martini glass with Roses mix and dip into the candy canes
3. Pour mix, vodka and schnapps into cocktail shaker - add ice
4. Shake it like a polaroid picture and strain into glasses
5. Garnish with mini candy cane

I got this recipe off the Rose's website. You know it's a good one when you can't feel your face after a couple of sips. Don't be overwhelmed by the martini - you don't have to pay a lot for glasses and a shaker - hit your local Target or Pier 1!! I think my glasses were like $2 a piece???? Martini's are so fun for a girl's night in or after a long day of holiday shopping or homeschooling.......so anyways, I think Holiday Toddy Tuesday will be a lot of fun for all!! Until next Tuesday, I leave you with this important quote.....

"The martini; the only American invention as perfect as the sonnet." - H.L. Mencken

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Toddy Tuesday?! That should be made a part of advent, don't you think? Light the candle.. down a martini.. it might get be back to Catholicism.. nah.

Thanks for your kind words on my blog.. made my morning:)

Jen Vaughn said...

Yep, remember I named my cat in college Toddy? Actually, pretty much every animal of mine has been named after an alcoholic beverage. Hennessy (the dog we snuck into one of the dorms). Bailey. Not a good sign. Anyway, I like Toddy Tuesdays! The recipes are fricking endless!

JessiT said...

The martini sounds REALLY good! I'll have to make a few and call you in a couple days when my face has feeling again... Oh how I love the peppermint!

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People