Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I Will Follow

The name of a great U2 song. A band that I have followed and will continue to follow! As you know, they have a new album out called 'No Line On the Horizon'. The single didn't really impress me much, but the rest of the album is so much better. Thank goodness! I'm not sure what I would do if my favorite band came out with an album I didn't like. Maybe that's not even possible? I hope not!!

Photobucket

I'm not sure that U2 even needs much of an introduction. Everyone knows who they are. Their contribution to the music world and to human rights and social injustices are immeasurable. I have been in love with them since I was seven and we got MTv! They have put out more music than one person could possible put in one blog, so I am going to try and narrow it down to a few of my personal favorites.

"Kite" - there isn't a song that brings me to tears more easily than this one right here. Bono wrote this for his father when he was dying of cancer. It is one of the most beautiful songs written about the uncertainty of our life on earth and how hard it is to let go of someone you love.



"Where the Streets Have No Name" - this is my ALL time favorite song by U2, if I can even say that I have a favorite! First music video I EVER saw!!



"The Saints Are Coming" U2 & Greenday - amazing song/video about the horrific events of Hurricane Katrina.



"Stay - Far Away, So Close" - love it!!!



"All I Want Is You" - such a beautiful love song! We make love harder than it has to be.



"City of Blinding Lights" - this was the song that they opened up with on the Chicago concert we saw with my brother-in-law Matt and his wife Tricia. I was speechless. Thought this video was super cool because it's at the Lincoln Memorial.



I could really go on and on, but have some kids that need my attention. I will stop here and leave you with a complete playlist of other well knowns and faves! You also better believe that I will be one of the millions at the Chicago concert at Soldier Field in September! Who's with me???

No comments:

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People