Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Toothpaste In the Sink

All you other moms out there will see the title of this post and immediately know what I am talking about. For the rest of you, let me shed a little light on what this vent of a blog posting is all about!

Everyone knows that cleaning up after yourself can be hard enough, but when you add kids to the picture things tend to get a little messier. Now my house isn't the cleanest on the block, but I do try and keep it sanitary at least. But I seriously swear to you there is some sort of toothpaste conspiracy going on here. And I intend to get to the bottom of it!

I clean bathrooms on Mondays. Like really clean them - tubs, toilets, sinks, floors, etc. Toilets get extra attention throughout the week as well with the whole boy-pee-on-the-seat issue. Sorry if that is too much info, but big props to you mothers of lots of boys out there. I can't even imagine the amount of times you have to wipe that old porcelein chair down. Anyways, off track again. So back to Mondays with the cleaning of the bathrooms. Luckily, my kids have their own bathroom because every time I go in there I know it's going to be bad. We already talked about the toilet seat, but now lets move on the the splatters on the mirror (all the way up to the ceiling I might add!), empty toilet paper roll, unsightly bathtub ring and last but most importantly AND the reason for this post: THE GIANT GLOB OF TOOTHPASTE IN THE SINK! Argh!!!!!

Every Monday I clean the bathroom I ask the same question, "who is spitting these giant blobs of toothpaste in the sink??" and every Monday I get the same response in complete unison by all three of my beautiful children, "Not me!!!" Now either I am continuously getting punked by the toothpaste blob fairy or someone isn't telling me the truth. At first I am sure it was purely accidental, but now they think it's funny to see how long it takes me to rid the sink of this glue like substance (picture me in there with a chizzle). Me? I don't find it so funny. It's irritaing. It's not fun to try and clean up and it's a waste of perfectly good toothpaste!!

It is really curious though. One of these kids is either using way too much toothpaste, not getting ANY on their teeth because it's falling off of the brush OR something like that. I have tried hovering over them while they brush, but I can never catch the culprit in the act. I am five seconds away from using an old coffee can as a their little spittoon!!

Now I love my kids and am grateful to have something as small as this to complain about. Someday when they're all grown maybe I will think back and miss the toothpaste globs in the sink. But probably not!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lol you just described my day... pee on the seat, toothpaste on the sink.. you just left out beard trimmings all over the vanity and that pretty much sums it up for me.

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People