Thursday, March 5, 2009

Irish Cream Bundt Cake

I will start off by saying that this is one of the best cakes you will ever taste in your entire life. Even if you don't love irish cream flavored things, you cannot deny it's deliciousness. One of the reasons I love it so much is that it is made with yellow cake mix. I LOVE yellow cake! I know that sounds weird, but I do. Chocolate is good and all, white cake is nice when you want something plain that everyone can handle.... but yellow cake. It's magnificent! I also like recipes where I get to use my bundt pan. It's pretty and I like saying bundt. I made this last year and will be making it again this year for St. Patty's Day!

Photobucket

1 cup chopped pecans (so good, but I can't put them in for allergy reasons)
1 (18.5 oz pkg) yellow cake mix
1 (3.5 oz pkg) instant vanilla pudding mix
4 eggs
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I ALWAYS use plain applesauce instead of oil)
3/4 cup Irish Cream (Bailey's is best, but we also like Ryan's)
1/2 cup butter (do NOT use margarine or I will kick your ass)
1/4 cup water
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup Irish cream

Preheat oven to 325. Grease and flour bundt pan. Sprinkle chopped nuts evenly over bottom of pan if you're using them. In large bowl, combine cake mix and pudding mix. Mix in eggs, 1/4 cup water, 1/2 cup oil (or applesauce) and 3/4 cup Irish cream liqueur. Beat for 5 minutes at high speed. Pour batter over nuts in pan.

Bake in preheated oven for one hour or until it's done. Cool for 10-15 minutes in pan, then invert onto cake dome or dish. Prick top and sides of cake. Spoon glaze over top and brush sides of cake. Allow the cake to absorb glaze and repeat until glaze is used up. Enjoy!!!

To make glaze: In saucepan, combine butter, 1/4 cup water and 1 cup sugar. Bring to a boil and keep boiling for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in 1/4 cup Irish cream.


This tastes great with a hot cup of coffee!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Jean said...

I will be making this!!

Hannah said...

Okay, I'm gonna need to get a bundt pan just so I can make the past two cakes you've posted about! Yummy!

Frugal Sara said...

Looks WONDERFUL!!

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People