Thursday, June 11, 2009

SYTYCD - Top 20

So I am a little late in blogging about this, but I can't tell you enough how much I love this show!! The audtions aired over the last two weeks and it never ceases to suprise me how much talent there is out there. Or how many idiots for that matter! Anyways, last night the top 20 dancers were partnered up and got to compete in a randomly chosen dance style. Tonight we find out which guy and which gal goes home. Here were a few of my favorites and not-so-favorites of the night!!



Probably my favorite! This was an amazing samba routine choreographed by Louis van Amstel and danced by Kayla and Max. Max is a ballroom dancer, but Kayla isn't! I thought she was amazing!!!


This is my second fave. Mandy Moore is *such* an amazing choreographer. The lines and emotion in this dance were just beautiful to me. And Melissa! She's 29 and a ballet dancer, so that probably makes her my favorite girl. Ade wasn't too bad either. But *why* with the Richard Marx song???!! Blah!


Coming in third for me was the bollywood routine with Caitlin and Jason. This style intrigues me so much! The colors and the energy! I think it'd be so fun to learn! SYTYCD had Nakul Dev Mahajan choreograph their first bollywood routine last season and this routine was just as cool.

Some others.......


I love Evan!!! I wish they would have let his brother into the top 20 too! His style is super old school, so this jazz number from Tyce Diorio fit him perfectly. Randi is pretty amazing too!


Jeanine and Philip did great with this hip hop routine from husband/wife choreography duo Tabitha and Napoleon. Love them!!! Phillip is a popper/locker and I hope he makes it far enough for us to see some of his signature stuff!

This one was a major WTF?? for me...

Wade Robson, you have some serious mental issues. I get that dance tells a story and all that shite, but seriously dude. You were so much cooler when you were choreographing dances for Britney!!! Anyways, the back story on this dance in case you didn't see it was that these two are crash test dummies. Kupono (the guy) is an older beat up dummy and Ashley is shiny and new. And then they make friends and la la la la.... WTF!!!!!!! Just pick a cool song and make up a cool dance, you giant weirdo. And is Mary Murphy not the Paula Abdul of SYTYCD?? She's so annoying!!! I mean, say something productive!!!

SO there you have it. There were some other dances that were pretty good too, but these were the ones that stood out for me most. For one reason or another!!! Can't wait to watch tonight to see who is heading home. Stay tuned for more So You Think You Can Dance posts each week!!

No comments:

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People