Thursday, July 14, 2011

House Tour - The Office

As much as things are SUPER unfinished around here, I thought I would take the time on Fridays to do a tour of a different room in our house. I've learned things will never really be finished with me because I am constantly tweaking and rearranging!! Plus, it's fun to see how far we've come!!

The first tour is going to be of our home office. Kevin doesn't work from home very often, but when he does it's nice to have a nice big desk area with two different workstations for both of us. All of the furniture in this space is from Ikea except for the little, round side table. Before we see current photos, let take a trip down memory lane to see what this space looked like before it became "the office."

First, it was an empty, lack luster, beige carpet filled formal dining room....

Photobucket

Then we painted it merlot, but we still NEVER used it as a formal dining room.....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we turned it into a awesome homeschooling space for our kids, but it was so dark and sort of a catch all for junk....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we closed it in, added french doors and painted it a bright, fun chartreuse/apple green - Sweet Daphne by Benjamin Moore. These are the progress photos... what a mess! But what a transformation!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now, it's our home office!!! Here it is today.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


We seriously use the heck out of this room. All of the kids' school books are in our generously sized Expedit wall shelving. We have plenty of space for everything!! I am still going to be adding more decorative pieces to the Expedit and changing some of the white boxes over to baskets at some point. We still need art for the top of it as well. I would also like to get a desk lamp and some cute plants for the Lack shelf over the desk. And of course once winter hits again, we'll want some sort of warm graphic rug to keep our feet warm while blogging!!

That it for this Friday's house tour!! Hope you enjoyed it!! Stay tuned for next week when we tour the kitchen!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I am absolutely in love with your work space. You did a lovely job on this space!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Wow, it turned out so nice! I love it! My husband and I are in the process of decorating our study, and this gives me a lot of inspiration! Thanks!

Kathleen Connors said...

I reallize this is a really old thread! But what other colors did you "audition" for the room? (I can see other colors painted on the wall).
I really like the color you chose: Sweet Daphne--but when I went to pull the color "swatch" at the store, it does not at all resemble the color on your wall. The swatch looks a bit drab. I haven't bought a sample yet, but am hoping it will be the awesome color depicted in your room. (I'm also looking at Dill Pickle)

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People