Thursday, July 14, 2011

Master Bedroom Ramblings/Cane Chair Progress

Can we all just agree that Pinterest is soooooooo addicting? It's bad people. I need an intervention! One good thing about it is that it's helped me come up with some great ideas for all of these in limbo projects we have going on here. Take the master bedroom, for example. It's slow going, but progress is progress. Right? Kevin and I stayed up until 1 am last weekend working on the thrift store cane chair. We had a few issues (most of which came from the fact that we were sampling a few new beers we picked up at the Sprecher Brewery in WI), but all in all I'm happy with it! We still have to get some more staples to finish the front - see how the fabric is sort of hanging off? And I have to buy some of that cording to trim out the back and bottom edges so you won't see the staples. Then we'll call Candi the cane chair DONE!

My daughter Abby (sewing genious at age 8) and I also made up some throw pillow covers to match!! I'm super pumped about how things are looking so far. Here's a photo update and inspiration pics/notes about where my brain is headed with the rest of this transformation. :)

Photobucket
Nice, dark picture!! My camera sux!!!

Photobucket
Up close..... fabric hanging off needs to be cut & trim added to it

Photobucket
Another view... prob going to do a couple of large pieces of art OR maybe a smallish gallery wall?? Like these....

Photobucket

Photobucket

OR

Photobucket

More photos.....
Photobucket
New bed pillows to match chair fabric... prob going to hang a sunburst mirror over the bed and add some frames over each nightstand like these... (and we still need some cool lamps too)

Photobucket


Photobucket
Near....

Photobucket
And far...... ;) grover reference

Photobucket
The door dilema or doorlema is going to be solved by adding a full length mirror to the front of the closet door (door #1 or the door on the far left). The door into our room (door #2 or the middle door) will stay as is. Door #3 or the bathroom door will be replaced with a full view frosted glass door. I feel like that will help open up the space of all those doors without making it look super weird. Here are a couple of idea photos...

Photobucket
Mirrored door for closet....

Photobucket
Frosted glass "bath" door :)

A few more photo updates that have nothing to do with the bedroom and then I will stop pic spamming!!! The laundry room lighting has always been total crap. We found an inductrial looking pendant light on sale for $15 on our latest Lowe's trip. Woo hoo, score!!! Here's what it looks like hanging in our laundry room.

Photobucket

Photobucket
How much do I love the giant Minion Abby drew on the chalkboard door?? So much!!!! :) Nevermind the fact that I almost sh!t myself every time I walk into the laundry room thinking it's a real person. Yes, I need new glasses.

In other thrifting news.... check out my super awesome $39 find!! They don't just sell cane chairs!!! :)

Photobucket

It's an old server, but Kevin and I plan on turning it into a bathroom vanity when we redo the kids' bathroom this fall/winter. :) It's going to look amazing!!! Picture it painted a bright turquoise with a cool vessel sink on top!!! Like this:

Photobucket
LOVE this color combo....

Photobucket
The vessel sinks at Menard's are $49, so this little project will be under $100 and look like a million bucks. Fingers crossed.

Well, that's it for now. Whew, that was a lot of pictures!!! Hopefully this next couple of weekends will bring more progress in the way of wall art for the bedroom. That is if I can make up my mind!!!

No comments:

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People