Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What's Goin On - a random catch up post

Nothing too exciting going on around here lately! We've been busy with a few home projects (I know, you're really stunned!) and getting ready for fall! Kevin and I are both terrible pack rats. We really shouldn't be able to be married to each other. It should be illegal. He tends to be 'out of the closet' with his pack rattness - meaning he doesn't try to hide the fact that he has too much crap. I love him, but he leaves his stuff out everywhere. Paperwork, computer parts, receipts, change, keys, etc. I am a little more secretive about it. Things look clean and picked up on the surface, but in a drawer you'll find mass mayhem. Open a closet and you'll discover a disaster. Look in my fridge and you'll uncover the cure for something. We both drive each other nuts. So this past week, we decided it was time to start decluttering. We're taking stuff to Good Will, selling stuff on ebay and craigslist, throwing stuff out!! It feels great! My heart already feels lighter as my closet floor is becoming more visible.

In our quest to declutter, we've been looking for ways to store things more effectively. I had posted a few weeks back about a space outside Abby's room that was perfect for a built in bookcase. Kevin made this last weekend.... it will be painted white eventually and have a piece of crown molding at the top....

Photobucket

Photobucket

How's that for making your space work for you?? It didn't cost much in the way of materials and it will serve us well as far as storage needs go. It will mostly hold books, but I also want to get some baskets for small toys and things.

We also spent this past weekend working on Ethan's floor. Out went the old carpeting and in went the Novalis vinyl planking. Friday night we moved everything out (Abby had a roommate for a couple of nights) and ripped up the carpet and padding. Saturday we put down the new subfloor and that night we put down the planks. By Sunday morning, all the furniture was back in and we were done! The more we use this floor, the more I love it. Ethan's room isn't quite done yet - I still need some red ikea shelves for the blank wall next to the bed & dresser. And I have some cool piratey prints to hang between the two windows.... but you get the idea....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And Sunday evening, we all sat down in HUGE anticipation of the first Bears game of the season. Bears vs. Colts. Kevin's dad was such a huge Bears fan, so football has a special place in my heart for that reason. I am not really into sports, but I will forever be a Bears fan because of him!! And they won the first game!! Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come for them. Here are a few pictures of some of MY favorite Bears fans...

Photobucket

Photobucket

And last but not least, my little Lulu. Lulu is turning two this month and I cannot believe it!! She had roseola a little over a week ago and it was not fun for anyone. She was so mean! Sick and mean, which is an awful combo. I was fearful that mean was her new personality and my sweet girl was gone forever! But once she felt better, my sweet girl came back. She is now sleeping in a big girl bed. The crib is leaving tonight along with it's matching changing table and dresser.... and any sign that a baby ever lived here! Which makes me happy and sad at the same time. I suck at pregnancy and newborns. Kevin reminds me of this all the time!! I will miss having a baby in the house, but love the ages my kids are right now. Anywho, Olivia doesn't turn two until the 28th.... but I HAD to get this for her!!!! Here are a couple of pictures of her with her early gift from us....

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's the cutest little kitchen ever. It's wooden and it's pink!! It doesn't take batteries, so it's old school and I am good with that. Use your imagination and make your own kitchen sounds! Not everything cool takes batteries!! The wooden food is super cool because it all has velcro and comes apart. You can "cut" the fruit and pizza!! She's been having so much fun with it and I could watch her pretend and play ALL day.

Well, this has been a long one! I need to post smaller blogs, more often. I have so much to say, but not enough time to get it all out. This is all for now, but look for some new recipes and music later this week for sure!! Happy Tuesday!!

1 comment:

Jean said...

The house stuff looks great!!

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People