Sunday, August 31, 2008

Pissed

That's right. I said pissed. And I am. Be aware that this post may not be for children under 13 or people who don't like the word pissed. And to those people I say 'my language has never been clean since you've known me. Deal with it.'

I am so pissed. Last night I was scared and now I am angry. Just. Plain. Angry. We have made some awesome friends in our new neighbors Ben and Angie. I seriously think they are two of the nicest people on the planet. So kind. They have a darling little boy that my kids just can't get enough of and are expecting a new baby this week via scheduled induction. Last night their home was broken into by some low life pieces of crap that I wouldn't classify as people. They came into their home through a window on the main floor - that window faces a fenced in backyard. They took a laptop, a wallet, a safe and went through all of their personal things. Thank GOd no one was hurt. They called a little after 11:30 pm and I could barely process what they were telling me. No one ever thinks this will happen to them or people they know.

I am a lot of things, but I am not an idiot. I know that where we live isn't Pleasantville and never has been, but apparently I had a major false sense of security going on. We have had our share of car break-ins (just a month ago these very same neighbors and a few others had their cars broken into and their iPod stolen) and garage break-ins. But to my knowledge (and I use that term loosely), there hasn't been much in the way of home invasions. That all changed last night when it hit this close to home. I guess it was only a matter of time before the theives got braver here. Cars and garages weren't enough. Now they're coming into our houses. This isn't the place I moved into some eight years ago. So much has changed and it isn't good. I know this type of thing can happen anywhere, but it didn't just happen anywhere. It happened right in my own backyard to people I know and care about. And it makes me so mad.

I am just MAD for so many reasons - that bad things happen to really good people, that this is the turn our neighborhood has taken, that there doesn't seem to be much I can do about it. Most likely these thugs were waiting and watching for their chance. And they took it. My theory is that it is someone who lives around us because they keep hitting this same area. They're paying attention and knew just when to do their dirty work. Needless to say my anger turned into action. We are making some changes around our house today to better protect us from this type of crime. I hope they catch whoever is doing this, because it surely isn't the first time they've done it and I'm sure it won't be the last. If you're reading this and you live in my hood, lock up your stuff!!!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

That sucks! Now I'm pissed. Its not fair for that kind of stuff to happen. I thought Hometown had a security car now that is supposed to be keeping an eye out. I see police cars through here all the time. Its a real shame! Everyone needs a dog!

Kerry said...

that sucks! Were they home sleeping? It is a shame what is happening around here - we moved here because we thought it would be a safe place for the kids and now it is getting so bad ! Hopefully with Piper and Amelia we will be ok !

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People