Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Before it's too late...

I need to post pictures of the newly organized school room. Before it gets destroyed, I need to post this blog to remember that this day actually existed. My mom would be proud! I sorted through everything and made way for our new curriculum, school supplies, etc. So, ta da!!!!! Behold. The amazing school room!

Photobucket
Full view of the cleanliness...

Photobucket
Art/play area, my table with all of my teacher manuals and supplies, our 2008 olympics bulletin board.....

Photobucket
The armoire is the only thing that is still a mess, but you can't see it unless you open it so who cares!!! Right????? ;)

Photobucket

Photobucket
Bookshelves that hold all the kids' curriculum for the year. Top shelf on the left holds read alouds for Core 1 and Science 1. Bottom shelf on the left holds both kids' readers. Top shelf on the right holds coloring books and Usborne Arts & Craft books. Bottom shelf on the right holds Usborne read alouds and picture books. You're impressed.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Look!!! You can see the top of the table!!!!

Photobucket
All the kids' workbooks and supplies on either side of the table....

Wow!!! All this was done last night and this morning. I am so proud of myself!!! The only problem was that we've run out of room for a lot of our books. They've taken up residence in the upstairs hallway for now, but plans are in the works for a built in bookcase. There is an odd little space just outside of Ab's room that would be a great place for one!! I can envision it, so now we just have to build it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm thinking something white with a wainscotting back and several shelves for books and baskets of toys. It would also be nice to put in a can light over the top if possible, but my handsome electrician husband needs to spec that out.

--------------------------------------------------------

And this past weekend we finished putting down the flooring in the middle child's room. It looks great!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And the hallway is completely done too!!

Photobucket

So, we're making progress and having fun!! Three more rooms of carpet to go and we'll be carpet and hopefully allergy free!!! I have to say, as much as I love the Novalis vinyl planking in the downstairs I was a little worried about how it would be upstairs. I really love it. It doesn't have the weird sound that laminate can have and it's soft and warm under foot. We'll be adding small area rugs to the bedrooms eventually for more warmth, but for now I love the look of all the wood!!! Well, it's back to organizing for me. I'm taking it one room and one day at a time!

1 comment:

odd dotty said...

Okay, I have serious school room envy going on here!! I soooo badly want a school room just like yours!!

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People