Sunday, October 5, 2008

Tortellini Soup

I love this recipe so much, I just had to share it! My mom made this for me right after we brought Olivia home from the hospital as a newborn. It is so hearty and good!! My whole family loves it!!

Tortellini Soup
Photobucket

1 large can chicken broth
1 frozen chicken breast, cooked & chopped (you can also use a rotisserie chicken)
1 pkg frozen chopped spinach
1 pkg Barilla cheese tortellini (dry, in the pasta section)
1 can diced tomatoes
1/4 tsp dried italian seasoning
1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

In a large pot over high heat, combine the spinach and chicken broth. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to low. Stir in tortellini, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the tortellini is cooked to desired tenderness. Add tomatoes and chicken. Season with italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Serve with a warm, crusty bread and a nice glass of white wine!!

1 comment:

Shanelle said...

Back when you became my facebook contact, I clicked on your blog and saw this recipe. I've had it bookmarked since and am finally trying it today. I have it in the crockpot minus the tortellini that I'll add toward the end. It smells *so* yummy, I can't wait for dinner. Thanks for sharing!

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People