Saturday, January 3, 2009

Finished!

Well, one room down and one more to go and we will officially be carpet free! We're hoping that will help with all the allergies and it certainly looks better. I still have to rework the decor a little bit in here, but for now here's what I did:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I took out a nightstand and angled Kevin's chest in the corner. I think it creates the illusion of more space. Plus, I felt it was a little too symetrical with the nightstands and matching lamps. Too matchy matchy. I took out the fake tree because I am so over it. It was a dust magnet and it was fake. What was I thinking with that??? Instead I think I am going to buy a comfy, white armchair from IKEA and black floor lamp and make the other corner next to the nightstand a little reading area - if there's room and I think there is. I also took the bedskirt off of the bed because it really served no purpose. I'd like to get some of the under-the-bed baskets for linens and other things instead. I am also thinking of all white bedding, but am not sure yet. I still need to get a couple of things for the top of my dresser and nightstand - maybe some pillar candles or a vase for flowers?? Not sure yet!!!

I'm happy to have this room done! I think a lot of people neglect their master bedrooms and here is why I think that's a mistake: it's the only space in your home that's just yours. It should be somewhere you can go and feel relaxed, not just a place where you throw your clothes and go to sleep at night. So get some paint in a color you love and clean up the clutter!! You'll be glad you did!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

You are so right about the master bedroom. Yours looks great!!

The BOOyah Team said...

Yep, my bedroom is neglected for sure! I think I will give it a make over this winter. Yours looks great BTW!

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People