Friday, January 9, 2009

Listening to....

Since the holidays are over (boo!) and the Christmas music is put away, I have been listening to a lot of new music and busting out a few old albums too! I thought instead of the typical New Music Monday post, I would just blog about some of my favorite albums - my "must haves."

Photobucket

I have been listening to a lot of the album 'Singles' by Travis. You know them. They've been around forever. Like a good wine, they've only gotten better with age. This particular album is a bunch of their earlier singles. It's a nice way to get acquainted with the band if you've never really given them a good listen before now. Here are a few of my favorites!!!

Photobucket

"Sing"


"Driftwood"


"Writing to Reach You"


"Why Does It Always Rain On Me"


"Flowers In The Window" - weirdest music video EVER! Everyone is pregnant!


"Side"


"Walking In the Sun"


"Love Will Come Through"


I have also just ordered their 2007 album 'The Boy With No Name.' It has quite a few great songs on it as well!!! Here are a few!!!

Photobucket

"Closer"


"Big Chair"


"Battleships"


"My Eyes"


So that's what been playing around here as of late! I love the meloncholy, folk vibe Travis has going on. Plus, they're Scottish and as the old saying goes "if it's not Scottish, it's crap!" They have another album that just came out in 2008 which I have not had to pleasure of listening to YET. But I will get to it for sure!! For now, enjoy a little Travis on me!!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Travis is some good stuff! Liked them for a really long time! Love your taste in music.

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People