Friday, January 2, 2009

Time for Progress

2009 is here!!! Time for a fresh beginning! Kevin and I (well, mostly me) decided that we were sick of looking at unfinished projects and that January 1st was the perfect day to get started on some of them. So, we did some demo.

Lots of dust in the air!!!
Photobucket

Child labor....j/k - Ethan is a future do-it-yourselfer!! He loves helping us!!
Photobucket

We ripped the carpet up out of our room and were able to get the new subfloor down yesterday. This afternoon after Kevin gets home from work, we'll begin putting the new floor down. It is always so liberating to get that gross carpet out of here!! One room down, one more to go!!!!

One little project I forgot to post about that deserves some attention is our little tile facelift. I found these super cool vinyl decals for tiles online and put them on the tiles surrounding the bathtub in the master bathroom. They were VERY affordable!! Kevin had to help me because it was hard to get them straight and I have no patience. It turned out pretty cute and I think it adds some more interest over the plain, whiteness that was there before....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is the website you can purchase them from:
http://www.2jane.com/mibo-tile-sticker-tattoos.aspx

And thanks to a holiday giftcard from my mom and dad, I was able to go out and purchase a pretty rug for the front room. The only drawback to not having carpet is how cold the floor is in the winter. But the rugs help and look so pretty!! I got this one from Lowes....

Photobucket

Well, that's all for right now! I will post pictures of the completed bedroom when it's done and put back together. After taking a nice break from all these projects, I feel like I have renewed focus and energy!! There's something to be said for doing it yourself!

1 comment:

Jean said...

I might have to hire you:)

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People