Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Don't Just Stand There, Bust A Move

I did it. I signed up for a dance class. It's been years, but I couldn't take it anymore! Something is missing from my life and I think it's dancing. I'm starting out with an adult hip hop class on Tues nights from 8:30-9:30. It's a well known studio in the area and I hear the instruction is amazing. I am so stoked! There will be a recital as well, so I will let you know when that is if anyone wants to come. They have a wide range of classes - adult lyrical ballet & jazz, jumps & turns and even belly dancing!

Basically what prompted this whole thing is watching 'So You Think You Can Dance' on Fox. I didn't realize how much I missed dancing until I started watching this show. I asked myself, "why am I NOT dancing?" I just lost ALL the friggin baby weight from all three kids (so to speak - 5 more lbs to go, but we'll see if I can actually maintain it) so I can't use the out of shape excuse, my nights are pretty open and this place is literally right down the street. I couldn't come up with any reason not to do it!

Wish me luck (that I don't hurt myself) and I will let you know how it goes! I'm checking out the class/instructor tonight and the next summer session begins July 7. Until then, I will be watching SYTYCD and drooling over all of the beautiful choreography and looking forward to busting my own moves!

2 comments:

Jen Vaughn said...

You go girl! Kick some dancing ass!

odd dotty said...

Go Molly!! Ok, for reals, where is this studio? And do you still want to take belly dancing lessons? Cuz one of my 2008 goals is to get back to belly dancing, and it would be fun to do with someone else.

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People