Friday, June 13, 2008

What A Day!

Abby might totally kill me for this, but I HAD to blog about it. Yesterday was one of those days. You know the one, moms. The one where NOTHING goes right no matter what you do. The kids are fighting, you can't seem to accomplish anything you've set out to do, there isn't enough coffee in the world - and you feel like you want to go back to bed, get up and start over again. Please tell me you've had one of those days.

Kevin ended up having to work a little later yesterday and it was Abby's parent day for tumbling. He said he would just meet us there. So I decide I have enough time to vacuum upstairs (where there is still carpet) because it's looking a little shady. I notice this black craft pom pom on Ethan's floor that the vacuum didn't pick up. I tell myself I will go back in a pick it up when I've finished vacuuming because I don't want Olivia to get it. But I forget because something else distracted me. Big shocker, right?

So I get Abby's tumbling leotard on her and change Olivia's diaper and all that jazz. While I am packing the diaper bag, I hear Abby having a regular sneezing fit in her room. I ask if she's okay and she tells me she feels like she has something up her nose. I think nothing of it and tell her to get a tissue and blow it. She does. A few minutes later, more sneezing. An outrageous amount of sneezing. Then all of the sudden I realize that, HELLO, she's sneezing because there's something up her nose. I try not to panic before I get the real story.

"Abby, did you PUT something up your nose?" To which she blinks at me and answers, "I sniffed a fuzzy up my nose." I feel my extremities go numb, but I remain calm. "Abby, what kind of fuzzy was it?" She smiles at me. "A little black fuzzy. Only now it's up there and it won't come out. It hurts a little, mommy." AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I screamed in my head.

Then I'm all, "Abby, we HAVE to get it out or I have to take you to the walk in care." Shouldn't have told her that last part because then she started crying and SNIFFLING. So I try to keep her calm and help her blow her nose. Nothing is coming out. I am asking her which nostril it's in and tell her to farmer blow. She lets out a big one and the little ball of evil shot out - WHERE? Right onto poor Olivia's top!!! You probably think I am making all of this up, but let me tell you folks... you cannot make stuff like this up. You just can't. Lulu was right in the line of fire because she was worried about sissy's loud crying.

So like any good blogger mom, I took a picture of the culprit. And here it is! It's small, about the size of a large green pea..... gross, huh??

Photobucket

On a happier note, here are some other pics from AFTER the incident. I didn't get any good shots of Abby in the gym because they didn't turn out and also because I had to take Olivia out. She wouldn't stop running over to the equipment.

Photobucket
Doesn't she look like a little gymnast??

Photobucket
All of 'em...

Photobucket

Photobucket
Me and Ab - this is the first actual picture of me in quite a long time! I am always behind the camera, but I'm trying to remember to get in some of the pictures. Otherwise the kids will think they didn't have a mom!!

Photobucket
Ab with Daddy

Photobucket
Lulu Beans

Well, that's all for now. Hopefully the weekend will be much more uneventful!!!!

No comments:

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People