Thursday, June 12, 2008

Molly's Music for the Week, June 13

Keane. They are my pick for this week. Love them! Keane is a three man band from East Sussex. What I loved immediately about them was that they use an old, distorted piano as their lead instrument. Not guitars. Cool, right?

Photobucket

They had lots of trouble getting any recognition and finding a label to sign them for quite some time (why, I don't know - they are sooooooo god) until Simon Williams (dude that discovered Coldplay) attended one of their gigs in London. Williams got their first single 'Everybody's Changing' released and things just got better from there! 'Hopes And Fears' is the first album and is loaded with amazing, thoughtful tracks.

Photobucket

'Hopes And Fears' was released in 2004, won them lots of recognition and even a few awards. It was the second biggest selling album of the year in the UK. Another thing that is so amazing about this band is the way they give back. They performed at the Live 8 concert as member of the Make Poverty History foundation. During 2005, Keane got major props in the US due to their extensive touring and a series of gigs opening for U2. Not too bad, eh??? Here are a few of the singles released from 'Hopes and Fears.' My favorite has to be 'Everybody's Changing.' It's about how at different points in your life, you just feel like the square peg in the round hole. Everybody is doing new things, moving on and you just feel stuck like you don't fit in anywhere. I'm sure most of us can identify with that feeling during at least one point in our lives. Take a listen.....



Here is another single called 'Somewhere Only We Know'



And here is 'This Is The Last Time'



'Under The Iron Sea' was Keane's next album and it is VERY different from 'Hopes And Fears.' They use guitars!!! But it's still just as cool. The idea behind this album is 'sinister fairytale world gone wrong.' See, you like it already! The artwork on this cd is super cool...

Photobucket

'Crystal Ball' was the first single released, I think. And then 'Is It Any Wonder' where you can totally hear the U2 influence. 'Crystal Ball' just talks about how you're trying to figure yourself out and get your crap straight. How you sometimes wish that you had a crystal ball to tell you what the future holds and just reassure you that you're not messing up too bad and that everything is going to be okay. Check it...




Love this song!


So, I hope you will run right out and buy these two albums. Rumors are that a new one is scheduled to be released in Sept of 08. Be on the look out for that! That's all for this week. Next week I have to blog about a girl band (or at least a band with a girl singer) because it's been all dudes thus far. Who will it be??? Come back and see!!! Peace!

1 comment:

odd dotty said...

OOo...will it be Eisley??? Please?

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People