Friday, June 20, 2008

Molly's Music for the Week, June 20th

Yes, Sara! It's Eisley! I discovered Eisley very recently and only have two of their albums. Not sure if there are more as I haven't had too much time to check into it. But here they are!!! Aren't they lovely???

Photobucket

Photobucket

Eisley was formed WAY back in 1997 - the year I graduated from high school!! Too bad I didn't know about them then!! They are a family band from Tyler, Texas - Sherri and Chauntelle DuPree started the band when their sister Stacy was only eight. She wanted to be in the band too, so she wrote a song to impress her big sisters. She was inducted into the band right away!!! Baby brother Weston joined the band at age ten as their drummer. The girls have amazing voices, to put it mildly. I fell in love with their sound right away!!!

Their parents ran a coffee house in their church called Brewtones. The kids performed all of their songs for the patrons there. After trying out a few bass players, they finally found one in their cousin Garron DuPree. After playing TONS of gigs in Texas with a VERY indie fan base, they were signed to Warner Bros with the song 'Telescope Eyes.' Eisley's first opening act was for Coldplay on their 'Rush of Blood to the Head' tour. Pretty impressive, eh??? Their album 'Room Noises' has several great songs on it......

Photobucket

Here are a few of my personal favorites.......be aware that some of these aren't the actual videos that go with the songs - just what I was able to find on youtube!

Telescope Eyes


One Day I Slowly Floated Away


Just Like We Do


Their latest album 'Combinations' is amazing. It was released last year and in my opinion, they can only go up from here. The harmony is amazing, but it's a little darker and more mature than the first album....

Photobucket

I can only post the very popular 'Invasion' for now because all of the other songs are live and not of very good quality. You can always go to Amazon for a good listen to some of the other songs, all of which are insanely divine.

Invasion


Hope you enjoyed this week!!! It's a quick review because I am getting ready for Ethan's 8th birthday party (family) tomorrow. Cannot believe he's gonna be 8, but that's a whole other post!!! Watch for next week because I think I am going to do something a little different......

No comments:

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People