Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Xanax for me!!!

Super HUGE vent!!!! I hate going to the dentist. Everyone knows it. It scares me and I don't like it. It's not a pain thing. I have an incredibly high pain tolerance. I don't like the smell or the noises or people's hands in my mouth. I don't like it. That being said, I have a cool dentist who knows my fear and really helps me through the regular appointments. I haven't had a cavity since we lived in Chicago. I had that one filled by some crackhead guy who didn't know what he was doing. Then, right after Abby was born I started having trouble with it. Because that crackhead messed it up. Supposedly the filling was never right and it 'leaked.' Totally not my fault because I take good care of my teeth almost to the point of obsession. Thank you very much.

So I had to have my nice dentist guy do a root canal. I would RATHER have given birth. It didn't hurt, but it was terrifying none the less. Super scary. So that was five years ago. No problems since then, up until a couple of weeks ago. I started having a dull pain in my jaw and the teeth surrounding this stupid root canal tooth. I went to my dentist who pushed my off onto this entodontist dude. He was nice enough and his office was decorated really pretty. So props for that. So I went to that appointment today and this guy tells me there's something INSIDE the root canal that's causing a problem (leftover pulp - HURL- from the root canal) and he needs to redo it. WTF!!! WTF!!! WTF!!! And fix it to the tune of $1600!!!!

So I can have the whole thing pulled and have a giant frigging space and have my entire bite out of line OR pay the money and have the whole thing fixed. I seriously considered having it pulled, but my mom talked me down and made me see that it would cause more problems. Sigh. SO next Tues, I will be freaking my a$$ out in the chair getting my root canal REDONE. And yes, I will be stewing and obsessing about this all week right up until Tuesday. I am mad. My teeth have betrayed me. And I don't like the dentist. Call me a big baby if you want, but I don't care. I am in pain, my jaw feels like the tin man, and I am crabby. I have been taking so much motrin to kill the ache that my stomach is staging a rebellion against me.

Xanax for me!!!

No comments:

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People