Saturday, June 28, 2008

Shredded Beef Tacos

You're like, "two post in one day???" It's madness, I tell you!! Nope. Lulu is napping and the other kids are with Kevin at church. He's playing drums for this weekend's services. So I am here with nothing to do! So I blog!!

More beef. You're wondering if all we eat is red meat, I know. We don't! My last recipe post was for burgers, so next time I will post one with chicken or some other meatless something or other. But nothing says summer like tacos. Tacos are an awesome thing! You can feed lots of people, you can make them how you like and they are just yummy! This recipe is for a crockpot or slow cooker as some people like to call them. It's delicious and super easy!!

Photobucket

Shredded Beef Tacos

2.5- 3 lb boneless beef chuck roast (I almost typed Chick roast LOL)
1 medium onion (I never use an onion because Kevin hates them. It still tastes good)
1 cup water
1 pkt (1.25 oz) Taco Seasoning Mix
1 bottle (16 oz) Taco Sauce (I only ever use half the bottle)
1 7 oz can chopped green chiles
your choice of tortillas - soft flour, soft corn or hard shell
----------------------------------------------------------------
Taco Toppings - shredded lettuce, tomatoes, queso fresco cheese, sour cream

Directions:
Place beef and onion in slow cooker. Combine water and seasoning mix in small bowl. Pour over beef and onion. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or until tender. Remove meat to cutting board; shred beef with two forks (at this point it will usually just fall apart). Place beef in large bowl. Stir in taco sauce and chiles. Fill warmed tortillas with beef mixture. Top with toppings!!! Serve with lots of margaritas and enjoy the awesome summer weather!!!

1 comment:

Jen Vaughn said...

Ok, yum, hello? When can we make them???? They look soooo good....12 more days and I can eat whatever the hell I want!!!

About Blogging Molly

My photo
I am a mom to three great kids - Ethan is 12, Abby is 9 and Lulu (Olivia) is 5. I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for almost fourteen years. I love to paint, renovate and live for anything DIY. I love music and I love to bake. I also teach dance at a local studio. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

What I'm listening to.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My People